Monday, October 11, 2010

Kates Playground Dominatrix

Identity Maghreb

This post is my contribution to the third edition of blogosphèrna I organize in October 2010.
I admit that when I suggested the topic was rather to get answers to the question that has not previously crossed my mind "what makes our identity Maghreb ?



Is it the mere fact that one lives in one of the three Maghreb countries, a geographical identity and nothing more?
It is there a deeper meaning of "identity Maghreb" mere longitudinal lines on the map?
Nébil Mr. Karoui said when TEDxCarthage "TV is our identity Maghreb" by innuendo to Nesma TV
For some maybe it does but not for me, because I rarely watch Arab channels and not by denial of my membership, but rather because most offer programs that do not fit my taste. The day the Arab channels offer quality reporting such as Special Envoy, forbidden zone, capital ... and documentaries such as Planet, Nat Geo Wild National Geographic ... or, maybe I'll add my TV package.
But that does not mean I'm not Maghreb, no, I am Tunisian, Maghrebian, Arab Muslim, North African, African and Turkish origin.
Thinking about it, I tried to find commonalities in the three Maghreb countries, the most obvious answer is of course: the French colonization. The three countries have experienced the same ordeal, they finally have their independence and had different political evolution with a wide footprint town: La Francophonie.
on Me, the only moment I realized my "Maghrébanité" was when I had the opportunity to read some books Taher Ben Jelloun and Yasmina Khadra, I have repeatedly acknowledged our identity in a character, a particular situation, prejudice, ... and these works there which in my opinion are our identity Maghreb ...


I also sought the advice of some close friends and that's what they think:


I first sought the advice of someone who lives in Tunisia


Ikram : Difficult to answer the question because until then, there 's not even a Maghreb union.


I said then that may be those who live in France have a better understanding of the issue as they rub Mughrabi and are subject to a whole panoply of "rules" especially with News of the moment ... so I sought the advice of some friends who live in France:

Tarek : conservatism and it inspires me progressivism, the Maghreb identity for me is associated with a duality that is just our fate shared, in two words: religion and colonisation.Cette duality is our wealth and our paradox, that of a tension between the values of the past and those of our neighbors avant-garde. Europe has opened our eyes and gives us tools to look up. But unfortunately these tools there are grafted onto a body devoted to his religious identity. This created some paradoxes and misunderstandings. It takes either a transplant or there is a release. And our three countries have reacted differently, Morocco and Tunisia, it took as much as possible, in Algeria, there was a small release, injury for Algeria and France, which the scar is still visible.
explanation: the level of integration in France, the Algerian community of origin is deemed to be the most violent war in Algeria (1954-1962) was costly to both countries and then there is the story of " Harki " those Muslims who fought their country alongside France, " Harki "became an insult in Algeria, and descendants of those there are suffering. There is also Communism and insecurity in this country, the direct consequences of this war. Many say that Tunisia and Morocco have had a more independent "soft", a break not a denial, so that European values are more acceptable in our two countries ...


Rabaa : it is a huge question that is difficult to answer with a yes or a no. I say that opening up the Maghreb is economically interesting cultural openness is also, if it does not involve the spread of Islamist trends. The Maghreb countries are not stable, and a fall of one of them can induce the collapse of the rest, that's why for now I'm not for completely open borders.


Emin the collective workshop untitled : Maghrebi identity is as complex as the Tunisian identity, for me it is a "Chakchouka" grossly cut, seasoned poorly and clumsily served. it is still a work group or individual has contributed in its way, the question we must ask "is this a dish that is exported?".


Finally, I have not found a clear definition of the Maghreb identity but differing views but converge on the same idea: a shared past, an uncertain future ...




Nesrayne

0 comments:

Post a Comment